OMG - can it really be true? A social OUTING? IN PERSON!!!???
PLEASE READ IN FULL so you don't miss this opportunity! You are responsible for the FOUR agreements below.
We only have 10 spots total (including me) - and as of right now have 3 spots left!
1. You assume ALL RESPONSIBILITY for your health if you decide to show up and god forbid you catch something. I am not twisting anyone's arm to join us ;-0. You will be asked to sign a waiver so neither myself nor Construct can be held liable.
2. You will have a predesignated square spot to dance within. Sigh...at least we will get to dance in person on a real dance floor!
3. There will be no gratis or discounted spots granted. This is $20 worth investing I promise you.
4. Due to the current political environment of the US, I hold that this space is for DANCING our emotions, whatever they may be, in a safe space for all, free of political labels and any stereotypes that could cause division. Instead, let us seek to create connection and unity via what unites us: our Dance. This means I need you to know and abide by the following for our closing circle:
- I created Movement Medicine as a space to be OUTSIDE the political system. For so very many reasons. That being said, this is not a space any where on the spectrum of Left to Right, nor will I pressure you to be somewhere on that spectrum.
- This is a place to experiment getting out of our labels (even for ourselves, and especially of any stereotype) that box us in, keep us pointing fingers, feeling the victim and separating us. Instead, let us "listen" to our fellow dancers personal stories. If it is not your story to share, then it is not your story to share.
- This doesn't mean you don't feel your feelings about being in any of these labels. Of of what the collective might be feeling right now.
- It does mean we attempt to connect with our self and our fellow dancing souls outside of these labels when we speak verbally. To the best of our conscious awareness.* That we seek to find connection via the shared emotional impact of trauma instead of comparing experiences that cannot be compared.
- For closing circle I am requesting that we each refrain from using political speak and terms that could make any one feel labeled or closed in, ashamed or demeaned. Including yourself. The best way to do this is to stay in your "I" statements - seeking to share feelings not labels. Being super kind, loving and compassionate to how you talk about yourself - knowing this will extend to all Souls.
* I am attempting to write and/or film my Origin Story as to why I hold the space this way, without writing a lengthy book. I do share more in the online Orientation course here, in Module 3. I will be sharing more as to how Movement Medicine is differentiated from Ecstatic Dance this Sunday briefly...and going forward.
When: Sunday, June 28th
Timing: 11am - 1pm - We will set up and tear down together within this time!
Where: Construct Studio, 2121 Gains St, Nashville
Two steps to reserve your spot:
1. Invest your $20 via Venmo account @Holli-McCormick
2. Email me, Holli, info@MovementMedicine.Love to let me know you sent it along (vital so I can confirm receipt for you, or you can track down any mistakes!)