Y'all prepare to shed some tears, feel some chills and hear some MAGIC!
DancetoBeFree.org is not your typical non-profit business, with a strategic 5-year plan focused on survival, expansion and a cookie cutter way of raising support. It is a passion project straight from the Heart & Soul of Lucy Wallace. One that is led by an unwavering vision of brining Freedom from Trauma and the prison of the mind through the vehicle of Dance.
Lucy Wallace started bringing DANCE into prisons in 2015. Not just a Zumba class - but classes that break down barriers between the inmates & employees, creates community, opportunities to be seen, healing and so much more. This program helps the women learn to be Let Go of their trauma and find FREEDOM within the walls of prison. Both literally and figuratively.
In part 1 of a 2 part series:
* We peel back the veil to talk about the taboo of the prison system and the women in it.
* Hear the very simply yet impactful way DTBF was born through Lucy
* What the program looks like and what simple yet powerful tools Lucy uses to bring an opportunity for these women to see each other, themselves and find healing - without going super deep
* How she isn't teaching dance - but what she is teaching...
* The realness of what brings women to prison
* How CONSCIOUS and self-aware these women truly are (often times more than what I find in my own world!)
* How all of this that Lucy is being the conduit for is really
Join me today for this first part of the talk with a woman pioneer quietly and playfully changing the society from the bottom up!
Please consider joining and supporting DTBF!
Latest Press for DTBF on CNN:
“Dance changes everything. It helps me…become a better version of myself.” We went inside La Vista Correctional Facility in Pueblo, Colorado, to talk to prisoners participating in the “Dance To Be Free” program that aims to confront trauma. For inmates, it’s a way to heal. For administrators, it’s part of a plan to reduce recidivism.
Posted by CNN on Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Hosted by Movement Medicine: “Awaken your Senses, your Consciousness, your Soul.”
Body Language/Non-Verbal Coaching & Energy Work
Invest in your Safety, Sensuality & Soul
Podcasts & ED Music Sets
Join Movement Medicine
+++ If you feel called to help support this work - here is a positive energy vibes donation:
#mindfulmovement #movementmeditation #prisonreform #criminaljustice #dance #trauma #prison #arts #mindfulness #therapy #racerelations #intuition #bodylanguage #nonverbalcommunication #danceislife #celebration #spirituality #lawofattraction #awakening #consciousness #ecstaticdance #emergingwomen #oprah #EllenDeGeneres #vanjones