BODY LANGUAGE BOOT CAMP
CREATING BOUNDARIES & SAFE SPACES FOR CONNECTION (ON & OFF THE DANCE FLOOR)
April 2020 TBA week of 2/17
These are the skills I wish I would’ve had before stepping onto the dance floor for the first time - and before getting involved in past relationships! Even though I had a great first experience at Ecstatic Dance, I got burned by getting enamored by the energy on the dance floor and not knowing how to be safe. (And who hasn't experienced this in relationships too!?)
Although creating this course was inspired by my experiences on the dance floor, these body language skills are transferable to every area of your life where you have connection with other people.
IT’S FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Desire more connection to your creativity and/or body
- Feel intimidated by the dance floor, yet feel called to it
- Want a more embodied (spiritual/meditation) practice
- Experienced any sort of a violation of boundaries in the past and yearn to feel more safe going forward
- Experience feeling stuck/lack of direction, limited, depressed/repressed or unable to make the change you wish in your life
- Feel unsure of how to connect with someone, or show another interest and desire to connect
- Feel pressured to say "Yes" and/or unsure of how to turn down offers for connection
- Seek easier ways to quiet that monkey chatter, drop out of your head AND feel more at home in your body
- Experience social anxiety, not feeling safe in the world, or nervousness/anxiety when people get close to you (emotionally or physically)
WHAT YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH:
- Foundational Non-Verbal Tool Box: Ensure safety both on and off the dance floor
- Embodied Practice of Consent: Give powerful and understand other's nonverbal boundaries
- People Skills: Decode people via body language rather than words or their eyes (both of which can mislead)
- Discernment: Make better decisions on who to allow into your life and intimate space - and who to keep out.
- Practical Change Management Tools: Moving in new ways will break your habitual body movements & trauma patterns - and thus the mental stories that keep us feeling stuck/depressed/etc. When we move in new ways, we open up to new possibilities and make way for change.
- Healthy Modes of Contact: Create healthy, non-sexual contact that releases more of the Happy, Bonding & Belonging Hormone - Oxytocin "The Cuddle" Hormone
- Presence: Drop out of the monkey chatter while tuning into your own body and energy - so you can move more intuitively while allowing more authentic responses to others
Raves for BLBC
“OMG Last night was amazing! Holli shared so many nuggets of wisdom that maybe you know but you don't think about... Having it all right out there in the open created new possibilities for me in dance, in my music, and even in my relationships. I'm so excited for the next class!” ~ Jaie, Nashville
Our next anticipated workshop is looking like 3rd weekend of April of 2020. Message me if you wanna get on the list to know fa sure: info@MovementMedicine.Love
2310 Elliot Ave, Nashville, TN
*** PARK ON THE STREET***
Walk up the hill to the Community Building straight ahead in middle of complex. We are on Right hand side
Investment for 6-week: $120
Investment for weekend: $140
- Payment options availalble
RESERVE YOUR SPOT LIMITED TO first 10
Send email to info@MovementMedicine.Love with
- Full Name
- Level of Conscious Dance (no experience nor desire to dance needed)
- Level of Contact Improv (no experience needed)
- Intention for attending this workshop
- Venmo account (I will send you a request)
- For Wknd: Will you be needing to rent a room ($50/night) or bed ($25/night)
FEELING INTIMIDATE OR HAVE QUESTIONS ON IF THIS IS FOR YOU?
Contact me directly & we will set up a short 10 min call to discuss your needs & questions. Either 650.485.1595 or Info@MovementMedicine.Love
A COUPLE FAQS
* Is there a drop in option? Nope. Each week will build on the previous week's info and skills. Therefore please commit to making AT LEAST 4 out of 6 weeks.
* 1st three weeks will focus on more individual knowledge and somatic tools. 2nd three week will focus on connecting with others more and the basics of Contact Improv
* NOTE: There is a 2 week break right after the 3rd week. This will be a nice break between our "modules".
About our host - Holli:
I broke my right foot while practicing Zumba and within a month my Christian faith broke down completely. Six weeks later I experienced my first free-form conscious dance space. I was enamored. I felt free and open - even with a broken foot! Once my foot was healed, I was invited to an Ecstatic Dance experience where I immediately fell in love with the practice. Finally there was a space in which I could replace the community of church and spiritual practice. It fit all of that and more. It wasn’t long before I began facilitating my own Ecstatic Dance experiences, combining my background in group fitness design, NLP coaching, somatic feminine leadership, and Body Language training.